New form Timeneye: how to track time for your recurring events with the Timeneye integration with Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar.
How Timeneye And Google Calendar Can Make You More Productive
We all have the same amount of hours during the day: the trick is to use them effectively.
Combining Google Calendar with a time tracking tool like Timeneye can help you get more done and be more productive day by day. Here’s how!
Online calendars: a productive worker’s best friends
As much as I love the kitten-themed paper calendar on my desk, I think that online calendars are much better productivity tools.
- Online calendars are available in and out of the office, as long as you have an internet connection;
- Can be viewed and edited by multiple people in the organization;
- You can go back and forth in your events as long as you want to retrieve information;
- They are packed with features and integrations that really help you fit them in your daily work.
Timeneye brings time tracking to Google Calendar thanks to its native integration. By linking your calendar to Timeneye, you can track time for Google Calendar events easily without the risk of forgetting about it.
How to use Google Calendar to manage your time and be more productive
#1: Practice time blocking
Time blocking is a popular technique as far as productivity is concerned. It allows people to save chunks of uninterrupted time on their work schedule:
– Time blocks also serve as estimates of the time that we’ll need to complete the task;
– They give users short-terms deadlines that speed up the work;
– By assigning a dedicated time block to high-priority tasks, it’s easier to get them done quickly and on schedule.
Combining time tracking and time blocking will ensure the effectiveness of this technique by allowing you to get insights into your activities, and also by helping your track against the duration you have estimated and know whether you stuck to it or not.
How to use Time blocking to be more productive
- First of all, connect your Timeneye workspace to your Google Calendar account:
Then whenever you have a high-priority task coming soon, make sure to block some time for it on the calendar by creating an event.
- In the Timeneye dashboard, you’ll see the event automatically appear on the day it’s supposed to start, as a suggestion.
- Use the suggestion to start a timer and then let it track while you work.
(When you’ve finished, don’t forget to stop and save it to keep the data inside Timeneye).
It’ll be easy to get back to the time you’ve tracked thanks to the Google Calendar icon on the time cards you’ve created: scroll through the dashboard or check the list of the time entries in the entries list to find them.
#2 Create a daily routine
Our brain likes routines. Habits drive our lives and help to put our mind on autopilot mode.
Without the fear of the unknown or the unexpected, we face our daily lives in a reassured, confident mood.
This is particularly important when fighting the urge of procrastination: if we have a system we use to deal with a certain task, we’re more likely to get it done.
Building a productivity routine takes time. You could start by creating a structure to your day and planning in advance the tasks you’re doing regularly.
For example, I take some hours daily to take care of scheduling content our Timeneye Facebook page as well as our Twitter profile. This is a regular part of my daily work.
How to use Google Calendar to build a productive routine:
- Google Calendar, like many other similar services, lets you create recurring events that automatically repeat on your schedule. To do so, you simply have to set up the frequency while you create the events:
- The Timeneye integration with Google Calendar will let you track time for your recurring events that will appear as suggestions in your dashboard:
You can measure the effectiveness of your routines by conducting a time audit on your personal activity in Timeneye.
These two methods don’t exclude each other so you can integrate time blocking in your daily routine to maximize your day. Thankfully, technology can help you find what works best for your needs.
What are the hidden Google Calendar hacks everybody should know? Let us know in the comments. If you’re ready to bring time tracking to your Google Calendar events, head to your Timeneye workspace!
What are you waiting for? Sign up for a free 30-day Timeneye trial!