The main purpose of this update was to make Timeneye faster, more flexible, and to provide our users with simpler and more effective time tracking.
Timeneye Update: sneak peek!
At Timeneye, we work hard to provide our users the best experience possible with effortless, efficient time tracking. This is why we often ask our users to share their thoughts, comments, and suggestions to help us improve Timeneye. Over the last months, we gathered a lot of feedback and decided to roll up our sleeves and start working.
We’re planning to launch a new version of Timeneye, and although the work is still in progress, today we would like to share with you a little sneak peek of what Timeneye will look like in a month or so.
Where can you see this preview? On our Timeneye Beta of course!
“Ok, what do I have to do to access the Beta?”
If you are already using Timeneye, you might have noticed a little red button inside your dashboard: simply click on it and you will be redirected on the Beta.
Alternatively, you can log in with your current Timeneye credentials at this link: https://goo.gl/iQNoOp
(Not a Timeneye user yet? How about you start by signing up here, it is free!)
Just a few things you need to know before you start:
- The Beta and track.timeneye.com share a common database so everything you do on next.timeneye.com will appear on track.timeneye.com and vice-versa.
- Since we are still working on it, the Beta might experience a few hiccups and get updated from time to time. We are sure you will understand!
“Cool! So, what’s new in this Timeneye?”
Firstly, we have spent a lot of time re-writing some of the stuff we already had and fixing some bugs here and there to assure our users the best Timeneye experience. Thanks to this, we have improved the system performances that used to suffer in case of accounts with numerous projects and users.
Besides that, we went through our customer’s suggestion and introduced some of the top requested features (plus some that we had in our mind for quite a while!), including:
- Restyling the dashboard by giving it a cleaner, much better look;
- A new and improved project view: now admins can search, filter, and multi-select projects;
- An Import function from CSV: no more manually entering countless time entries, a simple CSV upload will solve your problems;
- A Basecamp 3 account integration: this long-awaited integration is finally here!
- A drag and drop feature and a quick edit for your time cards. You can move your saved entries around in your calendar; drag the bottom right corner of a time card to increase or decrease the time.
“Is this Beta finished?”
Nope. 🙂 The work is still in progress: we have other features that we will add before the new Timeneye is available for everyone, but we don’t want to reveal them just yet! We’ll make sure to send out word when we’re done- so keep an eye here on our blog or follow us on Twitter.
(One last thing: when activated, some of the new features trigger a confirmation email that is automatically sent to your address. Since we have not set up our emails yet, please ignore the links in those emails because they all go back to track.timeneye.com, where the features are not available. We’ll fix this as soon as possible, we promise!)
What do you think? Make sure to send us your feedback at email@example.com or to Tweet us your suggestions.
Give it a try and sign up for a free 30-day Timeneye trial!